Today we have guests! Joining us on the show today is Matt Stratton, Senior Vice President of Marketing at Tinker Federal Credit Union, and Chris Weigl, Marketing Manager at Communication Federal Credit Union. We’re getting their perspectives on marketing challenges, opportunities, and strategies within the credit union industry.
We’re asking Matt and Chris how they advocate for growing the role and importance of marketing and branding in their credit unions. We discuss how marketing drives results (even when you can’t always measure them) and how to balance trying new things to grow the credit union while still preserving their reputation and remaining loyal to current members.
- 1:20 meet our guests, Chris Weigl and Matt Stratton
- 3:15 wearing an executive hat and a marketing hat
- 8:35 try out a new idea through a pilot program
- 10:38 measuring "branding results"
- 13:37 measuring interaction, engagement and participation
- 14:35 sharing results when they aren't great
- 19:35 the benefits of honesty within your marketing team
- 21:56 how to decide when to update creative or stay the course
- 27:35 the expansion of credit union membership has made credit union branding more important
- 31:30 what has stayed consistent in the credit union industry the past 30 years?
- 35:21 camaraderie among credit unions
- 39:55 Matt's best advice for credit union marketers
- 42:43 Chris' best advice for credit union marketers
- 44:15 let's talk Netflix shows! what’s everyone watching?